Wednesday 16 November 2011

How I know I am getting old

Every morning on the days that I drop Charli to day-care we turn on the radio in the car and sing the songs together. Even when she doesn't know the words she just makes them up as she goes. This morning I was flicking through the radio stations and couldn't settle on a song I liked. I tried Triple J and didn't know what the hell they were playing. I tried 2dayFM and they were playing an RnB number (yuck). I tried a few more and they were too loud, or too dancey or too ravey. And then I found it.  95.3FM - Classic songs. They were playing " I want to know what love is" from Dirty Dancing. I let loose and sang at the top of my lungs. Charli said to me "Mum, what IS this song?". I sang away, so happy that I knew all the words. Then I realised, that song is about 18 years old. HOW OLD AM I?

Pretty soon I bet you that I am going to be listening to talk back radio in the mornings. 2GB here I come.




No comments:

Post a Comment