Saturday 5 November 2011

Someone famous in the family?

My dad is a character. A ladies man if ever I saw one. He is currently single and very charming. On a recent trip to Mexico to visit my brother (which is another long story) he sat next to a lady who was also Australian. He was his usual charming self and they got talking. He explained that he was coming back from visiting his son in Mexico. The lady said what a coincedence, I am just coming back from visiting my son in LA. Dad asked what her son was doing in LA, and she explained that he lived and worked there and he was a musician. She said he was a singer/songwriter. Dad asked his name, the lady explained my son's name is Ben Lee. They swapped photos' - she showed pictures of her little granddaughter Goldie. Dad showed her the twins. The swapped cards and Dad said he would be in touch.

Now, to put this into perspective I have been a fan of Ben Lee since I was 14. I used to go to his shows at the Metro when he was a member of Noise Addict, and my best friend and I were addicted. We tried to stalk him back stage. Later on I then pretended to be Claire Danes.

Last night I had a dream that Dad and Ben Lee's mum got married. I flew my family over to LA to have Christmas with them. We were laughing, sharing stories, my husband and Ben wrote songs together, the girls played together while we all sat around listening to music. Then I woke up.

This morning I found out Ben Lee's mum is in her 60's - 70's. And probably married. Good golly miss molly - there goes that dream!



Do you have someone famous in your family? What is it like?

No comments:

Post a Comment